Day 1

Nutrition wise I did not do to bad. I finished out the day with exactly 1400 counted calories. The reason I wasn't able to make it to 1800 was because I slept in and forgot breakfast. To make up for breakfast and an all veggie lunch I had a slim jim.

Eating the slim jim it became fairly certain that if there was a zombie pandemic these would make a long lasting source of protein and fat for the survivors left behind. I can just imagine the sorts of dishes that will involve diced up slim jims. (And shudder to think of their taste.)

We went out today just to do a bit of shopping and I realized something very serious and important. Number one, I have a skin condition. I have since I was 14 and there's not a damned thing in this world anyone is going to do to change. Two, because of said skin condition I've become something of an introvert. Avoiding the sun at all costs and staying indoors often. Not to say, however, that being an introvert when the apocalypse comes is going to be a terribly bad thing. I mean, really... Think about it? The less people you have around you the less of a chance you are going to have of being eaten and devoured.

Being somewhat of an introvert is bad for one thing, though.... And that's a lack of environmental conditioning. Being indoors all the time simply because I want to be is going to lead to fatigue in the outdoors and being slightly incapacitated to one's environment when attempting to survive without power, running water, and the everyday electronic convenience.

So, with that said, it's time to start planning more trips outdoors. This is okay because I have to start walking. (And being without a treadmill means that I have to start doing that somewhere.... And what better than the great outdoors?) It's August in Florida, and that means it's miserable. But without power, and air conditioning, it's just going to be miserable. The world isn't going to turn the light's back on because I think it's hot outside.

I also found some interesting excercises. I've decided to do some exercises according to what we would be doing day to day out in an apocalyptic setting... One with the undead kind shambling about. Even though I am fully aware that this will not prepare me for the feeling, one thing in particular I am going to start doing tomorrow is Diagonal Wood Chops. I'll post a video below, however bear in mind that I only have three pound weights to start with, and they are not on a cable. It's still going to be a good start with strengthening the upper body in preparation for blunt force attacks, and wood chopping should it need be done.

You may ask yourself why I am choosing to pick things that seem so simple and not things that a trainer would recommend I do to lose weight. What I say to you is that when the world ends there's not going to be a personal trainer. Back when civilization was new they didn't have personal trainers and people who focused on how to lose weight. They washed, gathered water, chopped wood, and then later lugged laundry, plowed fields. Physical Fitness is not always in the eyes of those who think they can improve your performance by taking your money and making you do things. I'll get through this by sheer will and determination.

So, Tomorrow there will be a one hour walk in which I call Environmental Conditioning.
And then Wood Chops. We'll see how many my fat muscles will allow of me.
And then, lastly, the 30 day squat challenge. I picked this because I have bad feet and squatting to hide from hostile survivors and hordes of walkers seems like something we will be doing lots of when the Pandemic arrives.

However, we will count today, Day 1 of reconditioning a complete success.




0 comments:

Post a Comment