Day Five

I had to clean the house before I went to bed last night which left no time for blogging. But don't you go thinking that I have gotten lazy on you! I haven't.

I was to tired to type about the goings on, on day four. I went for a walk with my very large and very old dog, Pookah.

I planned to walk around the park twice, and then back home which should have equaled about a mile, but when we walked the four some blocks to the park's track Pookah was dragging. I thought this a little funny considering that I figured I would be the one dragging and I wasn't. We made it one lap around the track and Pookah started walking much slower than me. So I had to take him home. By the time we got there I was certain the old fart was going to keel over.

As it turns out, that probably isn't far from the truth. When I unclipped his leash he did not move, just laid down where he stood and panted for a while. I got pretty concerned thinking that my want for exercising had killed my ancient dog. Poor baby, but lesson has been learned. Pookah cannot be privy to my need to gain up some cardio. I am hoping that if there ever is a pandemic he decides to kick the bucket long before then, because Pookah obviously cannot do cardio, which is sort of depressing in itself. My loveable, giant old dog I think has cardiomyopathy. He has all the indicators of it. Coughing while at rest, the grey gums that should be healthy pink. He is not long for this world, and that is okay. Poor baby has had a very hard life, and a very good time with us. At least the end of his life was something pleasant for him.

Anyway, back to other more gory things. I have this terrible problem whenever we move to somewhere new, I have to set up Zombie contingency plans. This place hasn't been so tough to come up with a good one. We're in a house, it has nice strong metal doors, there are very few windows. One window in the front room, two half windows in the kitchen and laundry room. One window in the master bedroom, and one in the secondary bedroom. All good escape routes, and all easily fortifiable. We also have a skylight, which sort of blows, but hey what are you going to do. I do not forsee zombie's adapting the ability to climb unto the roof. (Unless they were World War Z movie zombies)

Still its about time to move along sally, and find a different place to live and I always experience the slightest bit of anxiety when it comes time for that. Either way, I'll have to come up with a new zombie contingency plan. I've made several for every scenario I can come up with, but their legitmacy will depend on how the pandemic happens. One of my pandemic books, the Zombie's are because of the preservative's we put into our food. I can't help but think thats a giant F.U. because when it does hit, the first thing we are going to stock up on food wise is canned. If that situation hits, we are simply and utterly royally screwed.

Anyway, first weigh in. Five days and three legitimate pounds. I am obviously doing something right. Last night we went swimming which will be something I will miss when the pandemic hits. You just can't go swimming in places you can't to the bottom, and people won't be around to take care of their pools.

0 comments:

Post a Comment